Chemistry Links : Chemical Bonding
- Binary Ionic Compounds - Can you write formulas for binary ionic compounds? Can you name binary ionic compounds? Here are some neat games to do just that.
pop (Added: 22-Mar-2000 Hits: 4061 Rating: 4.67 Votes: 6) Rate It
- Bonding: General Concepts - This site contains a good overview of bonding. While it may be for a College class I see it being a good outline to help teachers when teaching on atomic/molecular bonding.
pop (Added: 10-Mar-2000 Hits: 4768 Rating: 6.00 Votes: 5) Rate It
- Chemical Bond Quiz Game - A quiz game that asks you questions and keeps track of your correct and incorrect answers.
pop (Added: 22-Mar-2000 Hits: 4083 Rating: 5.89 Votes: 9) Rate It
- Chemical Bonding Links - A comprehensice list of topics (ionic, metallic, and covalent bonding) along with VSERP theory.
pop (Added: 7-Mar-2000 Hits: 3264 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Chemical bonding: ionic or covalent or what? - Coming to terms with covalent, ionic, and metallic bonding, and with mixtures thereof. Guaranteed to give you more insight to this than your textbook!
pop (Added: 26-Mar-2000 Hits: 3852 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 3) Rate It
- ChemMovies - Several multimedia clips available.
Rated "very cool".
Requires a FREE QuickTime plugin.
pop (Added: 4-Apr-2000 Hits: 2277 Rating: 6.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Help files for chemical bonding - A great tutorial that has the following linked topics: Molecules and formulas Valence and core electrons, Lewis structures, Writing Lewis structures, Octet rule, Formal charge, Resonance structures, VSEPR, Bond polarity Molecule polarity, Valence bond theory, Hybrid orbitals. and Multiple bonds.
pop (Added: 26-Mar-2000 Hits: 1822 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Molecular Models Lab - Boning is best viusualized when "played" with (Molecular models). This will give a useful guideline when introducing students to bonding. Again, it is left up to you what you will use to build these models (sotebought, model clay,...)
pop (Added: 6-Mar-2000 Hits: 1981 Rating: 9.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- SHAPES OF MOLECULES - This handout deals with the hybridization and geometry of molecules.
pop (Added: 21-Mar-2000 Hits: 1965 Rating: 7.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Study guide, covalent compounds - Study guide about nomenclature and properties of covalent compounds. Includes Lewis structures
pop (Added: 21-Mar-2000 Hits: 1608 Rating: 9.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Table of Three to Six Electron Domains - Provides a list of molecular formulas, their geometry and examples of those structures. Links are provided that show the drawn geometry. Very good!
pop (Added: 20-Mar-2000 Hits: 849 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Covalent Bond - A gerneral overview of covalent bonding and topics that are related to it.
pop (Added: 22-Mar-2000 Hits: 1989 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- The Ionic Bond and Which Elements form Ionic Bonds? - Contains information on the History of Ionic Bonding research and at the bottom of the first page it contains a link to a page that describes what elements are involved in ionic bonding.
pop (Added: 11-Mar-2000 Hits: 1642 Rating: 5.50 Votes: 2) Rate It
- WebMolecules - Over 200,000 molecular models online in 3D.
Indexed and Searchable.
Requires a FREE 3D plug-in.
pop (Added: 4-Apr-2000 Hits: 1224 Rating: 1.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 28-Aug-2009 - 22:00:01
| Links Engine Powered By Gossamer
Threads Inc. | Modifications by Tim Melk