- a trifle. baga+yla dy cwldy. This trifle of a solde. [SLE 70b,
- stick. wcbt fy qlbha wwaHd lbagy+. And I found a stick in it. [SLE 50a]
- bankrupt. H+a yeayy+w bnqrw+. Until they cry· "bankrupt!"
- ball (=dance) kan eml wwHad albayyly kbyr. He had arranged a big ball. [SLE
- library. wdkl byh llbybyw+yk· And he took it into the library.
[SLE 42a] Probably influenced by the pronunciation of ll in southern Spanish as
- bottle. wweamrwlw wwaHd lbw+a dlma mn bHar awqyynws. And they
filled for him a bottle with water from the sea called "okeanos". [SLE 51a]
- heroic deed. $af sydw acwl+an had albrabura dy eml. His master the Sultan
saw this brave act which he had done.
- office. anftaH dlbyrw rahw taHt racw. The key of the office is under his