Go back to Glossary Index
- decree. Hyn smae emrm blgazy+a dy eml preh. When Amram heard the
decree which Pharaoh made. [SLE 22a]
- information. weml gazy+as fy ayqlym macr. And he issued information
in the region of Egypt. [SLE 21b] Plural of above item.
- pipe. wpynHs blgayy+at fyydw. And Phineas with pipes in his hand.
- the galleys. rslhwm lgalyra. And he sent them to the galleys. [SLE 36b]
- degree. $af ruHw rahw fy gradw kbyr. He saw himself as being in a high
degree. [SLE 9b]
- guard -- also collective. w$af wwardyya awHra wwaqfa mn daxl. And
he saw another guard standing inside. [SLE 48b] wHyn $afwh m$h wahrn m$Gwl
fy dewwt lwwardyya. And when Moses and Aaron saw that he was occupied
with the summoning of the guard.. [SLE 36b]
- guards. wlwwardyyas azwj xlawwhwm. And he allowed the two guards.
[SLE 49a] Plural of above.
- 1. good mood. kan almlk· flgws+w. The king was in a good mood. [SLE
2. desire. wayda ma endq$y gwstw byhwm. And if you do not
have pleasure in them.. [SLE 21a] endq$y is thus spelled.
w$rb waeml gwstwk·. Eat and drink, and do your pleasure. [SLE 133b]
Note Arabic personal suffix affixed to Spanish noun.
ayda endk· gws+w ba$ tsmaHlhwm. If you have the desire to forgive
them. [SLE 151a]
Very frequent. Cohen declares that ida `andek
gusto "s'il te plaît" is peculiar to Jews, but Muslims use the
word in other senses.
Go back to Home Page
Alan D. Corré