Go back to Glossary Index
- rat. In Dict., quoted by Coh p. 413
- reason, correctness. we+awny arzwn dyyalhwm. And they gave me their
reason. [SLE 5b] y$ral endhwm arazwn dy ma qblw$ klamy. Israel was right in
not accepting my statement. [SLE 41a] A calque from tener razon/avoir raison.
- to reject, to refuse. wmn sbt dy ryfwzarha. And because he rejected her...
[SLE 89b] wma kan$ mn yrfwzarw. And there was no one who would reject him.
[SLE 42a] ma tqdr$ tryfuzar fy wwaHd lmsala mn had a+bae. You cannot refuse a
thing of this nature. [SLE 53b]
- gift. nzydk ana mn endy elyh tlatyn pranq rygalw. I shall add to it from
my own thirty francs as a gift. [SLE 70a]
- gifts. e+awwh rygalws yasr mn fDa wmn dhab. They gave him many
gifts of silver and of gold. [SLE 28a] Plural of the above.
- rule, usual thing. wmn dak anhar rjae acwl+an ytm$a brygla. And from
that day the King walked again as usual. A calque of the Spanish expression
- remedy, cure. a$ mn rymydyyw yaeml. What kind of remedy will he do?
yqdr ytgbal meayya wy$wf wwjhy wy$wfly baed
arymydyyw. He can be received by me and see my face and prepare for me
some remedy. [SLE 61a]
- baed aryvwlsywn fl blad. Some revolution in the city. [SLE 153a]
- review of soldiers. aeml arybys+a wHsb jmye eskrw. He made a review,
and counted all his soldiers. [SLE 13b]
- see remedio
- see revista
Go back to Home Page
Alan D. Corré