Honors and Awards
1. NSF Research Grant Award, $399,935 ($230,263 for PI at UWM and $169,672 for PI (Prof. L. R. Scott) at the University of Chicago), Division of Mathematical Sciences, National Science Foundation (NSF), 2012 – 2015. Project title: Collaborative Research: Advances in Nonlocal Dielectric Modeling and Free Energy Calculation for Protein in Ionic Solvent.
2. Research Growth Initiative Award, $67397, Graduate School, UWM, July 2, 2013 to December 31, 2014. Project title: New Nonlocal Continuum Electrostatic Models and Their Fast Numerical Solvers.
3. NSF Research Grant Award, $590,691 ($265,417 for PI at UWM and $325,234 for PI (Prof. L. R. Scott) at the University of Chicago), Division of Mathematical Sciences, National Science Foundation (NSF), 2009 – 2012. Project title: Collaborative Research: Mathematical Studies and Refinements of a Reduced Ion Channel Model and a Nonlocal Dielectric Model.
4. IMA General Membership Award, Institution for Mathematics and its Applications (IMA), University of Minnesota, 9/1/2008 – 1/15/2009.
5. Winner of the UWM 2006 Research Growth Initiative, $2,000, UWM, 2006.
6. NIH/NIBIB Award, the co-PI at UWM with budget $60,000, National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, 2005 - 2008, PI Dr. Daniel A. Beard, Medical College of Wisconsin.
7. NSF Research Grant Award, $520,479, Division of Mathematical Sciences, 2003 – 2007, CO-PI Dr. Peter Butko. Project title: Efficient Simulation of Protein-Membrane Interactions by Implicit Solvent Algorithms.
8. Graduate School Research Committee Award, $15,000, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM), 2003 – 2004.
9. Initial Research Fund, $50,000, UWM, 2002 – 2004.
10.Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award, $10,000, Oak Ridge Associated Universities, 2001 – 2002.
11.Summer Faculty Research Award, $8,000, University of Southern Mississippi (USM), 2001.
12.Aubrey Keith Lucas and Ella Ginn Lucas Endowment for Faculty Excellence Award, $5,000, USM, 2001.
13.Summer Research Fellow, Courant Institute, 2000.
14.Initial Research Fund, $19,600, USM, 1999 – 2002.
15.Postdoctoral Fellow, Courant Institute and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 1/1996 – 8/1999.
16.First Prize of the Student Paper Competition in the Copper Mountain Conference on Multigrid Methods, Copper Mountain, Colorado, 1995.
17.Teaching/Research Assistant Fellow, University of Houston, 1991 – 1995.