Presentation at the 2015 AGU Fall Meeting (14–18 December 2015, San Francisco, CA): “Attribution of multidecadal climate trends in observations and models.”
Presentation at the 17th Cyclone Workshop (25–30 October 2015, Pacific Grove, CA): “Reconstructing sea-level pressure variability via a feature-tracking approach.”
Presentation at the EaSM Investigator meeting, August 31–September 2, Bethesda, MD: “Multi-scale empirical modeling of atmospheric variability.”
Presentation at the US AMOC International Science Team meeting, 21–24 July 2015, Bristol, UK: “Attribution of multidecadal climate trends in observations and models.”
Presentations (presentation 1 and presentation 2) at the 2015 Marquette University Computational Sciences Symposium, Milwaukee, WI, April 21, 2015.
Two presentations (presentation 1 and presentation 2) at the 2014 AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA 12/14/2014–12/19/2014.
Presentation at the 2014 meeting on Topical Problems of Nonlinear Wave Physics, Nizhnij Novgorod, Russia, 07/17–07/23/2014.
Presentation at the 2014 AGU Ocean Sciences meeting
Presentation at the 2013 American Geophysical Union Fall meeting (annotated PPT file)
Presentation at the V International Conference "Frontiers of Nonlinear Physics" (28 July – 2 August 2013, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia): "Kinematics of eddy–mean flow interaction in an idealized atmospheric model"
Presentation at the European Geosciences Union 2013 General Assembly (EGU2013, Vienna, Austria: "Kinematics of eddy–mean-flow interaction in an idealized atmospheric model."
Invited presentations at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December 2011:
"Predictability associated with nonlinear regimes in an atmospheric model."
Invited seminar at the Assembly of Physical Sciences Depts. of the Institute of Oceanology, P. P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia, November 2011:
"Long-term effects of synoptic turbulence in the ocean and atmosphere."
Invited seminar on studies of climatic processes, A. M. Obukhov Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Moscow, Russia, November 2011:
"Teleconnections of Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation."
Invited presentation at the 6th International Conference on Mathematical Modeling (ICMM-2011), Yakutsk, Russia, July 2011:
"On the mechanisms of the late 20th century sea-surface temperature trends over the Southern Ocean."
Presentations at the European Geosciences Union 2010 General Assembly, Vienna, Austria, May 2010:
- "An empirical model of decadal ENSO variability," (invited)
- “Mesoscale ocean eddies and climate change over the Southern Ocean” (invited)
- "Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation and Northern Hemisphere climate variability," (contributed)
- "Connecting climate variability to the water levels of Lakes Michigan and Huron," (contributed)
Presentations at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December 2010:
- "Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation and Northern Hemisphere climate variability"
- "Predictability associated with nonlinear regimes in an atmospheric model"
Invited presentation at the NP2.04 session of the European Geosciences Union's General Assembly 2008:
"Nonlinear Mechanisms of Interdecadal Climate Modes"
Florida State University Dept. of Oceanography invited seminar, November 2007:
"Multi-decadal Climate Variability in Observed and Modeled Surface Temperatures"
Presentation by Michael Ghil at the AGU 2006 Fall Meeting : Nonlinear Mechanisms of Interdecadal Climate Modes: Atmospheric and Oceanic Observations, and Coupled Models
Invited presentations at
the workshop on
Multidecadal to Centennial Global Climate Variability,
November 15-17, 2006, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Role of Nonlinear Processes and Multi-Scale Interactions
in Mid-Latitude Decadal Climate Variability
- Multi-decadal Climate Variability in Observed and
Modeled Surface Temperatures
Presentations at Department of Energy (DOE) Climate Change and Prediction Program (CCPP) Meeting, Spring 2006:
- Global Warming Trend and Multi-decadal Climate variability
- Empirical Mode reduction in an Atmospheric GCM
Invited talks at EGU 2006 Meeting:
- Eddy-driven decadal variability in a mid-latitude climate model
- Bimodal behavior in the Northern Hemisphere's zonal-mean zonal flow and its possible association with decadal-scale coupled climate variability
Invited talks at IMAGe workshops III and IV.
- Linear-regression-based models of nonlinear processes
- A mechanistic model of mid-latitude decadal climate variability