Emily K. Latch
Department of Biological Sciences
Lapham Hall, Room N215
3209 N. Maryland Avenue
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI 53211, USA
- The Latch Lab is advertising for a postdoc to study population genomics of deer. See advertisement here (July 2015)
- Our paper on landscape genetics of badgers in Wisconsin was accepted by Heredity. Congrats Liz! (June 2015)
- Rachael was awarded a Grant-In-Aid by the American Society of Mammalogists. Congrats Rachael - what a semester! (May 2015)
- Rachael was awarded a fellowship by the Morris Animal Foundation to support her dissertation work on landscape genetics of vector and host species in relation to plague ecology. Congrats Rachael!
- Our work on some ancient elk bones was recently featured in the UWM College of Letters and Science's research publication, L&S In Focus [PDF]. (April 2015)
- New graduate student Bennett signed up to join the lab this fall. Welcome Bennett! (April 2015)
- Emily gave a talk at the Savannah River Ecology Lab in Aiken, SC. Stimulating conversation, great BBQ, warm weather! (March 2015)
- Rachael was awarded the Aldo Leopold Award by the Wisconsin Wildlife Society. Congrats Rachael!
- We published a short article about the exciting new Molecular Ecology Working Group of The Wildlife Society, in the TWS publication The Wildlife Professional. Read it here! (Jan 2015)
- Emily was voted President-Elect of the new Molecular Ecology Working Group of The Wildlife Society. (Oct 2014)
- Emily traveled to the San Diego Zoo and the Safari Park to work with collaborators and see all the critters. (Oct 2014)
- We recently had our work on desert tortoises featured on the Smithsonian Science website (2012).